workshare -age/household
From: JSutcliffe2005 (JSutcliffe2005comcast.net)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:30:21 -0800 (PST)
Hello -
Our community has been investigating the number of hours due in workshare.

How does your community set workshare hour requirements?  By household, period?
 By number of adults in the household?  By number of persons over 12yo?

Originally, the workshare agreement set forth by the founders required 4 hours
of workshare per person 12 yo or older.

Our community is considering a proposal that says 8 hours of workshare per
household per month.
An exception is  any household that has only 1 person over 12yo.  That
household is responsible for 4 hours.  All households that have 2 people over
12 yo do 8 hours per month.

I am asking how other communities have defined workshare requirements: by age
or by adult or by household.  If so, how has that worked for you?

I am especially interested in comments regarding the age cut off.

The workshare requirements were re-visited in order to help make the community
more attractive to potential buyers.

Some info about our community.... lot model.... 150+ acres.... 2 families moved
in; 3 families actively building; 1 family designing, and 2 other families.  7
- 2 adult households; 1 single adult household....18 lots total.... (it's a
beautiful place!  Check out our website!)

Thank you,
Jane
Catoctin Creek Village
Loudoun County, VA