Re: Not Enough Privacy in Cohousing?
From: katie-henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:24:56 -0800 (PST)
> Frankly, if I want to know who is dating whom, I ask a certain 12 year old.

Heh heh. At EVC we ask the construction superintendent. He's still on site a
year and a half
after move-in. He's there at 6am every weekday and many Saturdays. He knows
everyone, he sees
everything, and he LOVES to gossip (but in a nice way). In fact, he's become so
bonded that he
uses "we" and "us" when referring to the community. It'll be a sad day when he
leaves (if we can't fix him up with someone in the community first).

Our privacy concerns revolve around (1) dating and (2) the ground-floor units
that open onto the courtyard. Visitors and even residents will walk up and
stare in through the windows, making the occupants feel like a human diorama in
the Natural History museum.

Katie
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, MD