Re: Re: Not Enough Privacy in Cohousing?
From: Martin Sheehy (martinsheehyyahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:44:13 -0800 (PST)
I must declare myself: I am.....not yet a CoHousing resident but have a huge &
evolving interest in CoHousing Communities.

  For a more general discussion of the concept of CoHousing I have created
Groups, both on Yahoo! & Google so that all might learn more from, and about,
each other, in the context of CoHousing:

  AND,

  < http://groups.google.com/group/CoHousingAmerica >

  Thanks, Martin.

katie-henry [at] att.net wrote:
  > Frankly, if I want to know who is dating whom, I ask a certain 12 year old.

Heh heh. At EVC we ask the construction superintendent. He's still on site a
year and a half
after move-in. He's there at 6am every weekday and many Saturdays. He knows
everyone, he sees
everything, and he LOVES to gossip (but in a nice way). In fact, he's become so
bonded that he
uses "we" and "us" when referring to the community. It'll be a sad day when he
leaves (if we can't fix him up with someone in the community first).

Our privacy concerns revolve around (1) dating and (2) the ground-floor units
that open onto the courtyard. Visitors and even residents will walk up and
stare in through the windows, making the occupants feel like a human diorama in
the Natural History museum.

Katie
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, MD