RE: Help Selling Units
From: stuart (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:32:34 -0800 (PST)
Craig,

That is great, how do we go about it?

> Some of us are already actively doing regional organizing.
>
> Mid-Atlantic Cohousing:
> http://www.cohomac.org/
>
> Northwest Intentional Communities Assoc:
> http://www.ic.org/nica/
>
> East Bay Cohousing:
> http://www.ebcoho.org/
>
> Some regional organizers will meet to work this topic at the NC conference
> in July. I'm heading up this effort on behalf of the Coho/US board.

Please send me the information about the conference, there isn't much on
the website yet...

> I think the real power will come from us working together to figure out how
> to collaborate effectively, rather than creating highly redundant online
> resources.

Good point, there is no need to have a lot of sites with the same
information links on them, but limiting the web presence to community
web pages with pertinent information about the community itself with
links to a major resource page  might work. The same could be used for
the regional organisations.

The only drawback is how web pages are ranked and indexed by search
engines which depends upon the number of pages linked to the site, the
more links, the higher the ranking. If the pages are reduced, then so
might the search engine rankings.

 As we think about this, we might ask ourselves about the core
> competencies of national vs. regional orgs and how we can
> leverage/coordinate work on the different levels.

Great idea.

> Note: I am currently putting almost all of my Coho/US energy into helping
> the National Assoc. get its own online act together. I won't focus on
> supporting regional efforts much until after the Natl Cohousing Conference,
> which I think of as the Kick-Off of the Coho/US Regional Networking effort.

That is understandable, let's see what happens after the conference.

Thanks for the input.

Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954
Project Director
Caer Coburn, a traditional village based upon intentional communities
and co-housing
Rockingham, Vermont, USA
http://www.caercoburn.org