Re: BIG Co-housing. Who Loves It? Who Hates It?
From: Patjavcc (Patjavccaol.com)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 11:27:24 -0800 (PST)
I would consider this in an urban environment - San Fran is perfect (I lived
there for 8 years from 1990 - 1998).

For this to really work, it should be broken up into min-neighborhoods.  Each
'hood would have it's own shared commonspace.  With 100 units, I can imagine
between three and four 'hoods in the building.  These can be mixed up
randomely or separated by interests.  For example:  elders in one area,
families with
children or child-friendly adults in another.  Or maybe they can be separated
by interests - for example: an artist neighborhood.  Each group would meet
individually to plan the common space, rules, etc.

I love this idea.  It could be very eco-friendly with so many shared
resources.  Plus in San Francisco...perfect.

So, Good Luck!

Patti Lautner
JP Cohousing
Boston, MA