Re: need some help w this
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:58:55 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 28, 2006, at 8:42 AM, cohonews wrote:

1) what percentage of units are typically sold in 1-3 years after construction?

This is unclear -- do you mean RE-sold? A question of turn-over?

The statistics may not be available but the general sense of things is that communities are stable compared to other kinds of condominiums.

  2) do most cohousing communities have waiting lists?

Again, I'm not sure there is data on this. Some have formal lists and others have informal lists.

At Takoma Village we have an informal waiting list. Steve Pretl does orientations for interested people and keeps a list of those who have expressed an interest in buying or renting. He notifies them when a unit comes available but they have no advantage or preference and it is their responsibility to contact the seller.

Resales and leasing have been no problem for us at all.

The record, I think, was 5 hours from notification of availability to sale.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC