Re: Security camera signs
From: Lion Kuntz (lionkuntzyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:57:34 -0800 (PST)
Security cameras, sold as such, are high priced even for the
cheaper B&W models, whereas webcams are cheap for color models.

If you want to see a PC in a lunchox that can power webcams, try
this one...
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/lunchboxpc/
4 GB flash memory for $70 and you can skip the harddrive power
loads and run it off solar-charged batteries...
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4740849?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You can also dedicate obsolte old computers to this job instead.

They are so cheap you can watch the baby sleep on one window,
see who's at the front door on another window, watch the twins
in the yard on a  third window, and do picturephone with the
neighbor on a fourth window, on the same computer you are
reading this now.

Suddenly, it's not just many eyes of the community, but each
member of the community has twenty eyes each. And that is going
to be true whenever any individual starts hanging cameras
whether the committee approves paying for it or not, or
individuals start voting with their Visa cards. That goes for
condos, apartments, co-ops or co-housing, in cities,
developments or lone wolves powered off-grid solar-wind in the
outback.

Suddenly it's getting harder and harder to make a living as an
outlaw.

... Lion K.