Architectural Committees
From: OCCNG11 (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:20:26 -0800 (PST)
We are wrestling with the prospect of having an Architectural Committee review
and approve plans for making changes to community property.  Our CC&R's
(written to meet California Dept. of Real Estate Standards) specify that an
Architectural Committee shall review all such plans and approve them before
they may be implemented.

We are organized on the condominium model.  There is some curiosity about the
existence of any cohousing communities with similar organization who may not
have anyone review and approve plans before implementation.  Our CC&R's
describes a process call Certification of Compliance which can be given to a
new buyer as part of the disclosure package.  If there is no review and
approval process, this certification can never be done.

If your community has no such approval process, how are changes to common
property OK'd?

Norm Gauss