higher density cohousing = dorms
From: Grace Kim (graceschemataworkshop.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:28:53 -0800 (PST)
Ken wrote (and I seriously paraprashed):

" Back in sophomore year I lived in a dorm that had a really nice
design.

The pod was like a livingroom.

The pods were nice places to hang out.

Because there were always residents hanging out in the pods, people who
knew who lived in the building, it was a very secure building.

It was a really good experience in a lot of ways."

I think Ken's experience is quite easy for many Americans to relate to.

Cohousing is a lot like living in a college dorm.

And I've heard many people in both Denmark and the US who currently live
in cohousing relating it to that experience.  Cohousing is the "adult
version" of living w/ people that are in a similar situation and seek
comraderie, friendship - that like the opportunity of knocking on a
couple of doors and spontaneously rallying enough friends to go watch a
movie, play a game, or get dinner.

grace h. kim, aia

principal

schemata workshop