Re: Great rooms and common house spaces
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:33:03 -0800 (PST)
Hi Sharon, and everyone in coho-land,
This is indisputably a fantastic idea if you have planned for the soft furniture and the plants and accounted for it in your budget. But if you haven't, then you have to try to make do afterwards, and figure out how to "soften" the spaces without softening your wallet. The felt walls I was looking at cost somewhere between $400 and $700 depending on the height. This would be enough to set off one table. Incidentally, I would not propose to use these in situations where amplification would be used or where voices would be raised above quiet conversation--those are "party" situations and we have a separate process to use the Great Room for that.
The felt walls I was talking about can be seen at:

http://www.designerseye.com/wall.htm

--Diane(:^]

MARKETING FACILITATOR
JP COHOUSING  617-522-2209