Re: RE: wanting to start a co-op/housing....where do I start?
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:25:12 -0800 (PST)
Most of the people on this ListServ are relatively isolated compared to you.
Since you have the highest concentration of cohousing resources within an
hour or two drive, you are well situated to get lots of support on your
journey.

There are many different cohousing professionals and many successful
cohousing communities that have formed in your area of many different
"flavors."

Perhaps the most immediate step to consider is the April 15 Northern
California bus tour:

Northern California*
April 15*
*8 am – 5:30 pm*
We will visit Sonoma County (Two Acre Wood in Sebastopol, Frog Song
Cohousing in Cotati and Yulupa Cohousing in Santa Rosa) in the morning, and
Pleasant Hill, Berkeley, Doyle Street (Emeryville) and Swan's Market
Cohousing (Oakland) in the afternoon. The tour begins and ends at Swan's
Market Cohousing, 930 Clay Street, downtown Oakland. $95 per person

http://www.cohousing.org/tours.aspx (to register or view other upcoming
tours)

Its a great way to better understand the diversity within your back yard.

Craig