Re: Re: Great rooms and common house spaces
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 04:19:05 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 31, 2006, at 11:33 PM, Dave and Diane wrote:

Hi Sharon, and everyone in coho-land,
This is indisputably a fantastic idea if you have planned for the soft furniture and the plants and accounted for it in your budget. But if you haven't, then you have to try to make do afterwards, and figure out how to "soften" the spaces without softening your wallet. The felt walls I was looking at cost somewhere between $400 and $700 depending on the height.

These look very attractive and when ti comes to sound, every bit helps. I couldn't find any technical specs.

And how do they stand up with kids around. We've found flip chart stands, for example, to be a hazard to children (as well as the reverse) and have to be sure they are removed from the commonhouse after meetings.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC