RE: French people on the list?
From: Claire Darbaud (clairedarbaud.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:20:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Paul,

I had found this site before, it does look very nice and very interesting to
me, because I am indeed attracted to Buddhism. Yet, I can hardly see a
single line on their site that actually relates to Cohousing...

Moreover, I am very scared that Cohousing as a whole might get the very
wrong sort of publicity out of this. "We ask that everyone make a commitment
to a daily meditation practice and the principle of non-harming. Alongside
the rest of the community you will also be invited to follow five
mindfulness trainings" says the site...

I am afraid this could lead to cohousing to be viewed like some weird
Buddhist sect by my fellow people. I think it is probably better if people
don't associate Cohousing and religion in their minds.

What really attracted me to cohousing in the first place, was that there was
to be no shared ideology other then live together in a friendly neighborish
atmosphere. I've always felt very frightened by organised religions... I
feel my spiritual path needs not be guided/oriented by anybody outside of
myself...

What do you think? Are there a lot of religious cohousings in the states?

Thanks anyway...

Regards,
Claire