RE: Kids Vs Elders: Aging In Place
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 06:03:35 -0700 (PDT)
ruth alcala <alcalaruth [at] hotmail.com>
is the author of the message below.
after deleting much quoted material.

Hi,

We at Tierra Nueva love the presence of our kids.  Out of 28 households,
we have about 20 kids.  Some of them help cook and clean, and we have had
various celebrations (solstice, etc,) including kids.  The noise problem
created by hard surface floors, and even ordinary conversations, has not
been solved as yet.  There is still hope.  I'm a senior (age 74) and we
have about 20 seniors of various ages.  I'm fairly confident that they
feel as I do about the kids. In the summer when the noise gets to be too
much we have 3 tables on the deck outside where the noise sensitive like
to eat.  We also stress "indoor voices" in the common house.

Hope that helps.

Ruth.