Re: Rules & Regs Violation
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:55:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 10, 2006, at 3:24 PM, Fleck wrote:

We have a situation where a member has flagrantly violated a house rule
(installed a satellite dish) and refuses to remove it.
How have others handled this situation? This prohibition is in our condo
docs and the member helped draft them 5 years ago.

This is why in "normal" condos, they have specific provisions for how this would be rectified -- the association would hire someone one to remove the dish and the homeowner would have to pay for the removal as well as a substantial fine. If they did not pay a lien would be put on their unit and it would paid when they sold the unit.

Cohousers would object that this is not neighborly but how neighborly is this person being?

Sharon
---
Sharon Villines
Building Community: A Guide to Creating New Neighborhoods
http://www.buildingcommunity.info