Re: Multi-neighborhood Cohousing - are they Ecovillages??
From: patjavcc (patjavccaol.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:03:10 -0700 (PDT)
This is Patti here to talk a little about the supposed 'badness' of the
Lawrence area.  At the kick off meeting we had generations of people in
attendance who, through sometimes emotional testamonials, expressed their
belief that Lawrence was worthy of development.  A lot of the city's elected
officials were there, which those of us who understand the difficulties of the
permit process for 'unusual' projects realize, if the policiticans back you,
you're in.  Finally, there were many young family and artist types who can't
afford Boston and aren't afriad of 'them' whoever they might be.

This year Lawrence was proud to report that there were zero gun-related murders
in their city (compared to a recording breaking number in Boston.)  It seems
like it's a city filled with promise.  After that kick-off meeting we had a
core group of about 25 households attend monthly meetings for several months
before the owner pulled out.

Patti