|Re: Rules & Regs Violation||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: ken (gebserspeakeasy.net)|
|Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:53:48 -0700 (PDT)|
Sharon Villines wrote: > > On Apr 10, 2006, at 3:24 PM, Fleck wrote: > >> We have a situation where a member has flagrantly violated a house rule >> (installed a satellite dish) and refuses to remove it. >> How have others handled this situation? This prohibition is in our condo >> docs and the member helped draft them 5 years ago. > > .... I'm a TV minimalist, had cable TV just once, when a local company was giving it out for free for three months to folks hooked up^H^H^H. Other than that, I get a few shows over the airwaves and don't tube when the sun's out. Given that disclaimer, why is there such a rule? If someone wanted to install a satellite internet connection, could they do that? If someone wanted to stream video to their computer and then output it to a widescreen TV, would that be okay or no? Is the dish against regs because it's technology? Would the community be amenable to having a community TV room with a satellite connection feeding it? I'm not trying to be an Eulenspiegel, but just find that rules work better when there's very good reasons for them. Just wondering what they are here. -- "This world ain't big enough for the both of us," said the big noema to the little noema.
- Re: Rules & Regs Violation, (continued)
Re: Rules & Regs Violation Catya Belfer-Shevett, April 10 2006
- RE: Rules & Regs Violation Fleck, April 10 2006
- Re: Rules & Regs Violation Sharon Villines, April 10 2006
Re: Rules & Regs Violation Sharon Villines, April 10 2006
- Re: Rules & Regs Violation ken, April 10 2006
- Re: Rules & Regs Violation Martin Sheehy, April 10 2006
- Re: Rules & Regs Violation Catya Belfer-Shevett, April 10 2006
- RE: Rules & Regs Violation Rob Sandelin, April 10 2006
Re: Rules & Regs Violation Randy Sailer, April 10 2006
- Re: Re: Rules & Regs Violation ken, April 11 2006
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.