Re: Rules & Regs Violation
From: Martin Sheehy (martinsheehyyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:11:00 -0700 (PDT)
Had wondered the same. What harm does it ( the satellite dish) do?.

  Might the community question my high-speed Internet connect tomorrow?

  Is it the technology, OR, the type of technology, i.e. dishes are unsightly (
so, of course were/are TV antennae) but may be the only way to go ' digital '
in some areas?

  Marty.

ken <gebser [at] speakeasy.net> wrote:
  Sharon Villines wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2006, at 3:24 PM, Fleck wrote:
>
>> We have a situation where a member has flagrantly violated a house rule
>> (installed a satellite dish) and refuses to remove it.
>> How have others handled this situation? This prohibition is in our condo
>> docs and the member helped draft them 5 years ago.

I'm a TV minimalist, had cable TV just once, when a local company was
giving it out for free for three months to folks hooked up^H^H^H. Other
than that, I get a few shows over the airwaves and don't tube when the
sun's out.

Given that disclaimer, why is there such a rule? If someone wanted to
install a satellite internet connection, could they do that? If someone
wanted to stream video to their computer and then output it to a
widescreen TV, would that be okay or no? Is the dish against regs
because it's technology? Would the community be amenable to having a
community TV room with a satellite connection feeding it?

I'm not trying to be an Eulenspiegel, but just find that rules work
better when there's very good reasons for them. Just wondering what
they are here.

--
"This world ain't big enough for the both of us,"
said the big noema to the little noema.