RE: Rules & Regs Violation
From: Fleck (foam4uworldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:59:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Randy,

Thanks for the info. In this case the member just slapped the thing on the
side of the building and drilled holes thru the wall. It looks like this
isn't covered by the FCC regs.

Part of the question deals with why we had the rule - mainly aesthetics.
We're urban town homes and dishes look really unsightly. (The rules includes
solar panels, ham antennas, etc.) We've got access to loads of other
delivery systems for media. Our high speed internet access is built into our
HOA dues.

The other part of the question is - how do communities handle a violation
like this? I'm concerned about setting a precedence of ignoring regulations
that aren't convenient - sort of the camel's nose under the tent. How do
other communities "enforce" the rules? Have other communities gone the way
of forced action and fines? Or are there better methods to get compliance?

Thx,
Anne