Re: Rules & Regs Violation
From: Christine Johnson (manzjohnsonnetzero.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:09:29 -0700 (PDT)
Aside from whether a prohibition on satellite dishes is reasonable or not, I think the really interesting issue is that in cohousing communities, it seems that we have limited ability to require that people comply with agreements failing successful exertion of social pressure (with the probable exception of collection of assessments).

In cases where an individual simply doesn't care that their behavior is in violation of agreements (for whatever reason, justifiable or not) nor care that their repeated violation of agreements is source of unhappiness for their neighbors, i.e., they are simply not responsive to social pressure, then there is no way to persuade such a person to comply. Period.

Christine Johnson
Stone Curves Cohousing
Tucson, AZ