Cleaning the fountain (posting rules, directions, guidance...)
From: MaryEllen Wessels (mewmewsic.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:46:03 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon mentioned:

"For the first time this spring, for example, someone turned on our fountain without first cleaning the winter dirt out of the basin. Now all that dirt has washed inside and the person in charge of the fountain has the job of cleaning it all out before it damages the pump. Not a job she expected to be doing today."

Oh dear!  Personally, as someone with ADD and "CRS" disease (Can't Remember ... er... STUFF) - I am a
big believer in posting rules, directions, etc.  (Do NOT turn on fountain without first cleaning out..." or
"Please ask someone on the fountain team to turn on fountain" or "How to clean out the fountain in
spring before it gets turned on for the first time since winter...")

However, I know this could get unsightly, but there's usually a discrete yet
visible way to handle it with some creative thinking.  A good object lesson,
thanks.  Hope it isn't *too* hard to clean out.

Mary Ellen