Fwd: possible free support to forming group
From: Tree Bressen (treeic.org)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:53:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, i am forwarding this for someone, please reply to him and not to me. Thanks, --Tree

Howdy. My name is Pete McAvoy and I am a graduate student in the Department of Urban and Regional Planning at the University of Illinois. I also am very interested in intentional communities, especially the ecovillage and cohousing movements. For my masters program, i will eventually have to complete a masters thesis (boring), or i have the option of completing a masters project instead. A masters project can be damn-near anything as long as i can get it approved by the department. So i have this idea... in its forming stages. What if i could offer my consulting services free of charge to a group of people desperately trying to get an ecovillage or cohousing community built? I know there are groups like this out there. I have met some in the past. I could move out to wherever they happen to be for a semester (or longer) and help them with planning-related problems like visioning, site selection, site planning, fighting hostile zoning codes/boards, etc. I also happen to be a fairly talented (though amateur) conflict mediator. I can't say i have any professional credentials, just a bachelor's degree in urban planning, a year of graduate school in the same subject, knowledge of a bunch of the relevant software, a strong work ethic, and a lot of idealism... Is there a forming community out there that could use some help but can't afford a "real" consultant? If you are a member of such a community, or if you know of someone who i should talk to about this idea, please drop me an email at <mailto:pmcavoy2 [at] uiuc.edu>pmcavoy2 [at] uiuc.edu.

Peace,
pete McAvoy

Tree Bressen
1680 Walnut St.