Re: Rules & Regs Violation
From: OCCNG11 (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:40:25 -0700 (PDT)
Regulations appearing in our California CC&R's are not accompanied by reasons. I have wondered several times about the reasoning behind certain provisions. Our document has a paragraph that says, "No Owner shall construct, install, use and/or operate a radio, television antenna, satellite dish or any other signal reception or transmission devices or related equipment on or within the Association Common Area, except those that are located entirely within the interior walls of its, his, her or their Unit or Residence, without the written consent of the Board."

Note that the Board has the discretion of allowing installation of a dish. However, there must be a request for permission and a granting of permission before installation can occur.

If this provision is violated or not enforced, then the integrity of the CC&R's is threatened. I think that making an effort to respect the provisions of the CC&R's is better than ignoring them, especially if consistency is expected in the uniform observance and enforcement of the rules and regulations. Otherwise, the document may be regarded as just a meaningless piece of paper.

Norm Gauss