|Re: Chris Kemp's Response to Rules & Regs Violation||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)|
|Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:21:59 -0700 (PDT)|
On Apr 15, 2006, at 5:05 AM, Lion Kuntz wrote:
A proper question is why was the orginal description so distorted? Why weren't both sides put plainly before the group before asking how to obtain compulsion of a rule, which on further alanalysis was grossly misdescribed?
Whoaaaaaaaa Nelly! We have two descriptions. Who decides which one is "correct"?
This is a perfect example of the two opposing viewpoints that govern actions in cohousing every day.
1. We have agreements that were very carefully thought out and agreed to by all members and should be followed until changed. If they are outmoded, they need to be revised.
2. As long as I'm doing what I think is reasonable, the agreements don't apply. Other people don't follow them. They no longer make any sense.
What is important is that communities revisit their agreements regularly and ensure (as much as is possible) that everyone agrees which belief is to prevail. Obviously, in this instance, there is no agreement.
Sharon --- Sharon Villines Building Community: A Guide to Creating New Neighborhoods http://www.buildingcommunity.info
- RE: Rules & Regs Violation--or how to orient the new folks, (continued)
- RE: Rules & Regs Violation--or how to orient the new folks Bonnie Fergusson, April 12 2006
- Orienting new residents Rob Sandelin, April 13 2006
- RE: Rules & Regs Violation Catya Belfer-Shevett, April 12 2006
- Chris Kemp's Response to Rules & Regs Violation Lion Kuntz, April 15 2006
- Re: Chris Kemp's Response to Rules & Regs Violation Sharon Villines, April 16 2006
- Re: Chris Kemp's Response to Rules & Regs Violation Lion Kuntz, April 16 2006
- Re: Chris Kemp's Response to Rules & Regs Violation Liz, April 16 2006
- Re: Chris Kemp's Response to Rules & Regs Violation Lyle Scheer, April 17 2006
- Re: Chris Kemp's Response to Rules & Regs Violation ken, April 18 2006
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.