Re: Chris Kemp's Response to Rules & Regs Violation
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:59:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Liz, and all you folks in coho-land

No, that is not the case. It's just that the cohousers I have observed are not great on follow-up. I've noticed a tendency over the years not to want to put a lot of emphasis on procedures, almost as a sort of backlash against beaurocracy. Cohousing people want a lot of flexibility on how they approach life. Which is great until you forget that you made a decision five years ago on something and you really shouldn't be wasting people's time by bringing it up again unless the reasons for the original decision have changed substantially. So, it you don't have good follow-up procedures (make sure the decision log is avaialable; make sure you have a buddy to introduce new people to the community and explain how things work; make sure you have a newsletter or website that keeps people up-to-date) there are bound to be these sorts of snafus.

--Diane(:^]
marketing facilitator
jp cohousing  617-522-2209
Box 300420 boston ma
http://www.jpcohousing.org
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."