Rules & Regs Violation
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:42:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 19, 2006, at 12:38 AM, S. Kashdan wrote:

As far as I understand things, given the fact that the condominium
association jointly owns the outer shell of the buildings up to the inner walls with the paint or other finish, etc., the association (or the teams that represent the association and the community) should be consulted before anything is done that might compromise that outer shell or the wiring, or insulation, or supports in the space between the outer surface and the inner walls with the paint, etc. This could avoid costing all of us a lot of money in fixing mistakes, and it could avoid a lot of hard feelings too. I think
this is as important as the issue of the appearance.

Thank you for the very clear and spot on description of the problem of residents going at buildings willy-nilly.

Many people do not understand what damage can be caused to an infrastructure when people just start drilling holes at will. We recently had an electric door installed by a door installer who had no concept of the big picture. He hooked up the door to the closest electrical source which turned out to be connected to our emergency lighting system and caused havoc with all.

These kinds of problems often do not appear right away. It is often months and then it is very hard to figure out the problem. The rules in condominiums are not there just to make residents unhappy, they are there to keep everyone safe -- financially as well as physically.

Sharon
---
Sharon Villines
Building Community: A Guide to Creating New Neighborhoods
http://www.buildingcommunity.info