Media Lobby Influence with Congress vs Rules & Regs Violation
From: Lion Kuntz (lionkuntzyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:51:24 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Jonathan W. Brown" <jonathanwbrown [at] yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Lion Kuntz <lionkuntz [at] yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > The United States Government decided. They said that it is illegal
> > prohibit or censor access to global information by mob or majority
> > rule. The individual decides and is a majority of one, who morally
> > outnumbers and outvotes the many.
> >

> My guess is it had more to do with the telecommunications lobby
> paying off a
> majority of congresspersons than any influence from free speech
> moralists.
> jwb

And I agree. Mass media sells audiences, so many dollars per thousand
viewers (subscribers, clicks). People with satellite dishes are sold to
the advertisers, and the only reason there is any programming at all is
because otherwise nobody would watch 100% advertising wall-to-wall
24/7.

Never-the-less, in a "free country" people at least have the freedom to
decide who they will be sold to, and what the reward to them is.

I've never seen a soccer game in my life, and I doubt that I ever will,
but if that is the reward that relaxes one after working all week to
pay off the $400,000 mortgage, the injury of me prohibiting someone
else from viewing is real.

That injury has to be put in comparison to the injury felt by the one
who would censor the viewing and finds that the law does not side with
them.

--- Lion K.