RE: Are CC&R's and Bylaws Binding?
From: David Heimann (heimannworld.std.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:21:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Norman,

To my knowledge (at least in Massachusetts, though I would imagine all the 50 states), the condominium documents are indeed legally binding! Even if someone or everyone considers them boilerplate, they are legally binding boilerplate. No one in the community has the option of ignoring them!

In any event, our community did consense on the condo docs (after a whole lot of discussions!), regarding them as serious business to be considered carefully and faithfully followed.

Regards,
David Heimann
JP Cohousing