Re: Hiring from within the community
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 04:55:12 -0700 (PDT)

Ulster County (NY) Cohousing is in the process of re-visitng the
question of a policy regarding hiring people from within the community
to do work for the community. We'd appreciate any wisdom/experience that
others have had with such a policy. Do you do it or not? If yes, how has
it worked? If not, what's that been like? Thanks.

We've chosen not to do it, primarily because of concerns with accountability and satisfaction with the work and the possibility of having to fire someone.

It's hard enough for someone to take criticism of work that they do voluntarily, never mind when it's a paying gig.

        - catya, volunteer webmaster for Mosaic Commons.

Catya Belfer-Shevett      'This is not the .sig you're looking for.'
catya [at] pobox.com            'You can go about your business.'
                                           'Move Along.'