Spring Bus Tour SOLD OUT! Post Tour Activities Added!
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 12:02:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all --

Mid Atlantic Cohousing's (MAC) Spring bus tour has a waiting list!  We've
also come up with a way to extend the fun, educational and marketing aspects
of the tour by creating post tour activities.  Several MAC communities are
participating in this endeavor.

The more we thought about the post tour events we realized they would be
appropriate for anyone looking for a cohousing community in which to live,
forming or building a community.  So we decided to open these activities to
the larger cohousing community and invite all of you to participate.

The events are provided without charge and are listed below in date order
(potluck events may ask you to bring a dish to share--please check!) RSVP¹s
STRONGLY suggested.  DO NOT EMAIL ME FOR INFORMATION!  If you have questions
about these various activities please contact the community directly for the
event in which you are interested.  Querying through this email will only
delay your response by...oh...quite a lot!  REPEAT:  DO NOT EMAIL ME FOR
INFORMATION!

You can find out where the communities are in the mid Atlantic region by
going to our website:

http://www.cohomac.org

and clicking on the left side bar which says:  "Communities."  You will get
a map and a list of the communities w/ click through links to each one's
website.

Please feel free to tell your cohousing friends about these follow up
events.

In community,

Ann Zabaldo
for MAC

--BEGIN--

SUNDAY, MAY 21, 2006 10:00 a.m - Noon

What WILL It Take To Build Your Cohousing Community?
Blueberry Hill Cohousing Common House, Vienna, Virginia.

If you are interested in finding out what it would take to develop your
cohousing community plan to attend this follow up forum designed for people
who went on the bus tour and/or are engaged in forming or developing a
cohousing community and  want to know ³how do you DO this?²

This forum is sponsored by the Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Call Ann 202-291-7892 or email:  info [at] cohousingcollaborative.com
Continental breakfast included. (The coffee¹s great!  The information is
even better!)
-------
SATURDAY, MAY 27th  2:00p.m. ?til moonrise

What:        You're invited to a countryside potluck Barbeque!
Where:       At Catoctin Creek Village in Lovettsville, Virginia
Why:          For Fun!
RSVP:        Lauranne Oliveau (703) 346-3071

Directions on Web Site: www.CatoctinCreekVillage.com
<http://www.CatoctinCreekVillage.com>

Please come spend the afternoon visiting, relaxing, hiking to the creek,
canoeing, or jumping on the trampoline! Bring friends and family, clothing
layers, and something for potluck. Hamburgers and hot dogs provided. Dinner
starting around 6.
------
MONDAY, MAY 29th, 4:00 pm

Curious cohousing enthusiasts are invited to join us for our potluck
Memorial Day picnic/barbecue on Monday, May 29, starting around 4 PM.  Here
at Blueberry Hill, we celebrate the national holidays with a potluck picnic
so we can all enjoy the Common House together.  Added attractions: ping
pong, volleyball, badminton, and a really nice deck for lounging.  Beer and
wine are acceptable beverages at these events, and we will have a big grill
going if you want to cook something here.  More info:  MEBeets [at] aol.com;
http://www.blueberryhill.org/

------
SATURDAY, JUNE 3rd -- all day event.

Concord Village and Altair Cohousing, both of Chester
County, PA, announce a special event:

Designing and Living in Cohousing: How was it Created
in EcoVillage at Ithaca and How to Build cohousing in
southeastern Pennsylvania.

We are inviting the following presenters:
--Liz Walker of EcoVillage at Ithaca and author of
"EcoVillage at Ithaca: Pioneering a Sustainable
Culture."
--Jerry and Claudia Weisburd, the Design-Build team
for the first cohousing community at EcoVillage of
Ithaca.
--Joel Bartlett, architect, Bill Waddington, civil
engineer, Howard Porter, affordable housing developer,
and Tom Bath, builder, in a panel discussion of the
opportunities and challenges in building cohousing in
southern Pennsylvania.
--A panel of people who currently live in cohousing
from Mid-Atlantic Cohousing,

This is an all day event.  The morning session will be
for people unfamiliar with cohousing.   A catered
lunch will follow.  The afternoon session will be for
professionals and one for people interested in
creating a cohousing community.
Contact:  Tom Hammer thammer302 [at] yahoo.com, 484-356-3119; Joel Bartlett
610-917-3648
------
FRIDAY EVENINGS 7:00 p.m.

If, after touring the EcoVillage of Loudoun County, Virginia, you are
interested in potentially joining the community, you are welcome to attend a
potluck that is held virtually every Friday at 7PM. By attending you can
meet some of the other residents, have some informal time for conversation
and enjoy the delicious food!  If you are interested in attending, please
contact the EcoVillage office at   ecovil [at] aol.com or 540-822-9449 to
confirm
and learn the location.

--END--