Senior Cohousing on ABC news Wed nite (first segment tonight!)
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 15:02:50 -0700 (PDT)
This just in from Zev and Neshama, please spread the word and TiVo/ videotape it tonight and tomorrow, this info should be helpful for discussion about "aging in place"/"aging in community" in existing intergenerational cohousing communities, not just for age-specific Senior Cohousing.

We wanted to let you know that ABC-TV World News Tonight is doing a three-part special this week on the Retirement Revolution starting tonight, Tuesday, May 9 and running through Thursday, May 11.

We worked with the producer on this program and Elder Cohousing will be the focus of the second segment on Wednesday, May 10 (6:30 PM EST, 5:30 pm CST and MST). The footage includes on-site interviews with the pioneering members of the ElderSpirit Community in Abingdon, VA, and Glacier Circle Senior Community in Davis, CA.

We encourage you to let others in your area know about the Elder Cohousing report as this kind of national media coverage can be a good catalyst for bringing new members to your community. Consider sending out an email to interested friends and associates along with a date for your next event.
[...]

Raines Cohen
Certified Senior Cohousing Study Group 1 facilitator

-
Member, Berkeley (CA) Cohousing
Where a room in a unit may be available to rent starting this Summer, after one family moved over to another unit to replace another, and where I was happy to find our long-ago-adopted Pet policy after several hours searching for our Tours policy.

Member, Swan's Market (Oakland, CA) Cohousing
Where my 1BR loft is available for sale, we're still working to find the right buyer for it:
http://www.swansway.com/

Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing (Oakland/Berkeley and environs)
Where a table at the Pagan Festival last week attracted a bunch of interest around a site a subgroup's got in North Oakland's Temescal neighborhood, working with a friendly developer to create as many as 30 units. We'll be tabling at the Sustainable World Expo in San Francisco this weekend
http://www.ebcoho.org/

Boardmember, Cohousing Association of the United States (Coho/US)
In the process of registering for the national cohousing conference in North Carolina in July... will I see you there?
http://www.cohousing.org/

Boardmember, Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Looking at tabling and speaking at the Art of Community - Northwest conference in September near Seattle.
http://www.ic.org/