Re: Construction Financing in PLACE!!
From: Mydlack, Daniel J. (dmydlacktowson.edu)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:59:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Ann,

I'm in Baltimore and I discovered your email below. Are you involved with a
Baltimore effort past or current?

I am starting a cohousing community in Baltimore designed with a private school
as a centerpiece.

We are a group of home-owning parents who are building a Sudbury-model school.
With no extra capital for buying/building a lone school building, we plan to
build a small cohousing 'neighborhood' that collectively includes a school
building. Our goals are to build more efficient green homes, create a safe
neighborhood for our toddlers and to build a new school building collectively
that meets all codes.

The owners of each housing unit will be spouses who will be staffing the
school; the school will have a capacity far beyond the community members'
children. We plan on taking measures (landscaping, placement...etc...) to
ensure that the school is formally separated from the housing.

Danny Mydlack