2-bedroom unit for sale - Pleasant Hill Cohousing
From: Susan L. Hedgpeth (hedgpethberkeley.edu)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:02:50 -0700 (PDT)
FOR SALE:
2-bedroom unit
Pleasant Hill Cohousing
Pleasant Hill, California
(San Francisco Bay Area)

***Open House, Sunday June 11, 1:00-4:00pm***
2260 Lisa Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA  94523

Beautiful Cohousing home for sale by original owner. Built in 2001, located adjacent to the Iron Horse Trail, and an easy walk to Pleasant Hill?s recently renovated downtown, with shopping, movie theaters, restaurants, and other businesses. Easy walk or bike ride to Pleasant Hill?s BART station.

This cohousing community is multi-generational and self-managed. Community members find value in working together and sharing common facilities and activities. Common facilities include a 3,835 sq. ft. Common House, pool, spa, workshop with kiln, organic vegetable garden, and children?s play areas. The Common House includes spacious cooking and dining facilities; sitting room with DirectTV, DVD/VHS player and surround sound; 2 reservable guest rooms; 2 full bathrooms; art/crafts room; kids? room with loft and slide; and laundry room. The entire complex was built with many energy-saving and environmentally-friendly features. We use consensus for most decisions. Our reserve account is currently fully-funded.

We enjoy shared dinners, social events, work parties, community meetings, and chats with neighbors on patios and in common areas. We?ve had multi-cultural celebrations, family ?disco-bingo? nights, birthday parties, children?s art and dance classes, and yoga and salsa classes. For more information about our community, browse our website:
http://www.phch.org

To learn more about cohousing in general, visit the Cohousing Association?s website:
http://www.cohousing.org

This 2-bedroom, 1-bath upstairs ?flat? (~ 922 sq ft) features:

-beautiful wood floors (carpet in bedrooms; marmoleum in bathroom)
-vaulted 12-ft. ceilings
-2 decks, front and back
-quiet, clean, hydronic heating
-all utilities except electricity paid from HOA dues (currently $236)
-high-speed internet/community area network (LAN)
-kitchen includes: maple cabinets, gas stove, built-in microwave-fan, garbage disposal, water filter
-open floor plan
-whole house fan
-ceiling fan
-portable air conditioner ? vents to outside
-attic access ladder/stairs, with lots of storage
-walk-in closet in one bedroom with convenient shelving

Price: $390,000

Contact:
Karen Manning
<mailto:klm94523 [at] msn.com>klm94523 [at] msn.com
phone: (925)825-8736; (925) 216-4895 [cell]