Re: Pathways [was Spending Extra Money]
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 04:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
Rebecca Stahr  305hbsrh <305hbsrh [at] earthlink.net>
is the author of the message below.
after deleting quoted digest and restoring subject.  Digest subscribers,
please take in composing replies.  Fred

Hi everyone,

I am new to the listserve, but wanted to address Coreen's request for
alternate sidewalk specifications. Rubber is often used for continuous
flat surfaces in outdoor environments. Not only does it work well with
mobilitly aids, but it is safer than rough, porous surfaces when anyone,
especially children, falls on it.

Granted the upfront cost may be more than concrete, but savings on
replacement costs and community disruption may be gained. The
unaccountable cost in preventing falls cannot be measured in dollars.

Rebecca Stahr
LifeSpring Environs, Inc.
www.lifespringenvirons.com