Re: What % of households gravitate to kitchen?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 05:16:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 6, 2006, at 2:38 AM, Fillard Rhyne wrote:

(Part of the issue may be the distinction between where people spend their time, period, and where people spend their "active" time or "social" time.)

I think this may be the case. I certainly do NOT spend any great proportion of time in the kitchen and don't know anyone who does but when I am in the kitchen I am more likely to be looking out the window and am more welcoming of interruptions than when I am in any other room of the house. Perhaps this is where the idea came from.

But I must say I really like our units with the living rooms on the back. They are more private and open onto private balconies and gardens.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC