Re: What % of households gravitate to kitchen?
From: OldSol (OldSolaol.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:22:16 -0700 (PDT)
The past few years, I've repeatedly heard people recommend designing  units
with the kitchens in the front, the point being that the room(s) where  people
spend most of their time should be placed where the connection to the
community is strongest.

This was true in the days before dishwashers, but, since we  spend more time
dining, having tea or drinking beer than laboring in the  kitchen, we designed
our house so that the dining room faces the common  footpath with a large
window making it easy to greet passersby.

John Solso
Milagro Cohousing
Tucson AZ