Re: Two people want the same unit
From: patjavcc (patjavccaol.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:46:52 -0700 (PDT)
At JPCohousing we did a lot of moving around after we officially chose our
units, but before we actually moved in.  Each household was assigned a number
based on the order in which they became equity members of the project.  If one
member left the group, each household was asked in order of their 'number' if
they wanted the open unit.  If everyone declined, we went to the market.

We also allowed swaps between units to happen.  This was done directly between
unit owners as Robert describes below.

In the future, when a unit sells the HOA has the right of first refusal.  If
there are two resident members who want that unit, we will go back to the
number system to determine who gets it.

Patti
JPCohousing, Boston