New Architect/Intern Position in Nevada City, CA
From: Charles R. Durrett (charles.durrettcohousingco.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:19:16 -0700 (PDT)
If you love nature and you love architecture ­ this might be the job for
you.

In a town in the forest, in the mountains, you will find McCamant and
Durrett Architects, an award-winning, socially relevant architectural firm.
We have two positions open in their Nevada City, CA office:

* Architect ­ Candidate should be creative, with a basic understanding of
construction materials and methods, basis codes knowledge, and the ability
to communicate, both written, orally, and graphically, through sketching.
The position affords the opportunity to develop projects from inception
through construction while expanding personal experience, exposure, and
creative satisfaction. Applicant must be highly motivated to create both
green and socially relevant architecture. Our firm strives to help define
what is possible.

* Intern ­ Requires a serious interest in the cohousing concept, affordable
housing, and sustainable design. Starts at minimum wage. Unlimited growth
potential.

McCamant and Durrett Architects strive to achieve the most sustainable and
socially relevant architecture possible. We have earned awards for the Most
Energy Efficient Housing project from the NAHB Research Center and the
National Renewable Energy Laboratory; the Best Smart Growth project; and the
World Human Habitat Award from the United Nations. We have produced two
books on cohousing, both of which have led to much of our work. We also
design a considerable amount of affordable/subsidized multi-family housing,
childcare centers, mixed-use buildings, streetscapes, urban design, and town
planning.

Our office is high-energy, spirited, and creative. We are located in the
Sierra Nevada mountains, an hour¹s drive from Sacramento. Skiing the
Sierras, swimming or kayaking in the majestic Yuba River, hiking, boating,
and appreciating nature ­ that¹s living. Our area also has a robust art and
music scene. This is a unique job opportunity, as we have few openings over
the years.

So if you seriously love to be outdoors and love architecture, please email
your current resume and some of samples of your work to
charles.durrett [at] cohousingco.com and put ³Employment Position² in the
subject
line.