Co-housing: caretaking / renting possibilities?
From: Cher Stuewe-Portnoff (cherworks01yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:39:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi -

Greg & I are planning to travel from August through November, to get acquainted
with cohousing communities we might call "home." We have been in touch with
some of you in the past few months -- we now have sold our home, and are
helping out with family/kids through July.

If you know of a small short-term rental within your community during that
period, we would love to hear more. We need to spend some time on the west
coast (more family), preferably in the Portland area, but other OR/CA locations
are of interest, especially in August -- flexible dates -- up to a month. After
that, we would like to spend a little time in Colorado, the Michigan area,
around Ithica, Virginia, possibly North Carolina. But the order of travel could
be rearranged. The time in each place could range from a few days to a few
weeks, depending on your needs.

We are a couple, no pets, non-smokers; potentially could have a well-behaved
grandchild with us IF your situation allowed (not essential). References and
any info you want about us gladly provided on request. We are making a
commitment to this travel in order to determine whether co-housing is right for
us, and us for it, so we are looking for places where we could participate in
the work and any common meals, to the extent possible. We are on a limited
budget, but expect to pay reasonable rent. We are also experienced in
caretaking/exchange arrangements (although until we finish this journey, we
won't have a home to exchange) and would be good with your pets, gardens, etc.

This is pretty general, in order to see what opportunities might be out there.
We will make commitments as soon as possible, though. Please contact us off the
listserve at cherworks01 [at] yahoo.com for more info. Thanks!

Cher Stuewe-Portnoff