Re: Disallusioned with cohousing
From: Jean Reese (jeanreesecharter.net)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:09:15 -0700 (PDT)

I would add that we had many problems and many things to work out in our first five or six years. Most of those things are settled now and we efficiently work through our issues in monthly two hour meetings (20 hours/year, with occasional special meetings). Many people who caused "trouble" in our first few years ended up moving after they couldn't get the community to do what they wanted (my perspective). Those of us who remained have managed to get along quite well, resolve our issues, have an efficient meal rotation system and good work days. Stick with it and you will never want to live anywhere else.

Jean
Westwood Cohousing -- where my family has lived for almost ten years now

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeanne Goodman, JP Cohousing" <goodmanj [at] jpcohousing.org>