Re: Trillium Hollow Pet Policy - Thanks For All The Input
From: Trudy Reeves (trudyreevesyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 06:17:42 -0700 (PDT)
Some aspects of this policy do not seem all that humane to me.

It sounds as if part of the policy came about because someone's cat killed a
bird.  Is it right to take away that cat's natural instinct?  Animals will be
animals.  I had a cat once that killed a rather large rabbit.  I was not happy
about it, but it would not have caused me to lock the cat up in the house as
punishment.

I hope the place where dogs can deficate is close to home.  It is not healthy
to have to drag them away from doing their 'duty'.

Also the excluding of certain breeds of dogs has been contested successfully in
court.  Hopefully a cohousing community would never resort to that.

Even though right now I do not have any animals, I think I would hesitate to
join a group with so many restrictions.  It seems a bit overdone.

Trudy Reeves