Policies
From: cyndy (cyndyhot.rr.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,
I am so fortunate to find this list. I have recently moved to Seattle alone.
Coming from a big family and tight community in Texas, I miss the
camaraderie (and the challenges). :)

My mother still lives in and I still own property in my community in Texas.
I did not realize my small private neighborhood was actually a co-housing
environment until joining this list.  We have been trying to define
ourselves for some time and put some good policies in place.

Some history - my grandfather and his friends formed this community around a
private lake. When it was first formed, it was a weekend retreat, but today
it is a community of private residences. Today there are 11 homes, and six
families residing here.

The constitution and bylaws we have now were written over 50 years ago. Some
are extremely antiquated, and some, well, frankly, are down right nitpicky,
and selectively enforced.

I had an attorney review them, and he said none would stand up in court. I
am trying to develop something that would be sustainable, current, and legal
and will protect us without being overly restrictive.

I was hoping you could share out constitutions/bylaws/policies/rules and
regs of your communities, or resources where I can get more information.

Thank you!
Cyndy