Re: Pet Policies
From: James Gill (jamesgillpdxyahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:58:31 -0700 (PDT)
I have a dog, and have had cats.

Pets come with multiple issues: cleanliness, human
allergies, safety, resource consumption, environmental
impact...for starters. It's complex, just like a new
human resident.

Dogs require a *lot* of care and attention just to
survive. Dogs, like humans, behave unpredictably. So,
I'd find it difficult to consider "dogs" as an
abstract issue--i'd also take it on a pet-by-pet
basis, just like a new human resident.

However, I'd want an up-front pet policy, and I'd put
the burden of responsibility solely on the pet owner.

-James Gill

  • Pet Policies Sharon Villines, August 12 2000
    • Pet Policies RowenaHC, August 15 2000
    • Re: Pet Policies James Gill, June 29 2006