Re: Pet policy and sharing policies,
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:26:23 -0700 (PDT)
I have been struck by the overwhelmingly negative reception that the recently posted pet policy has gotten. Mostly I've thought, whew, see if I ever let any of my community's policies get posted here.

I also agree with Becky that we should say hurrah that Trillium Hollow come together on a policy and was willing to share it with us. Trillium Hollow did not ask us for our opinions not submitted a proposal for us to review. It was here is a solution to a problem that they felt needed to be solved.

We all live in different communities each with a different community culture and values. We are at Eno Commons lean towards the libertarian side on rules and believe in 'trust your neighbors' for enforcement. Is it perfect? Of course not. However, it is the solution that we prefer.

So if Trillium Hollow says that their solution works for them, I say that is great. It may not be the solution I would suggest but I do not live there.

-Robert Heinich
Eno Commons
Durham, NC
where the Festival for the Eno begins tomorrow