|Re: Trillium Hollow Pet Policy - Thanks For All The Input||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)|
|Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 19:16:21 -0700 (PDT)|
Hey, everybody, rather than pick on the particulars of this policy and reject the community because of it, please do join me in acknowledging:
- We don't know the circumstances that led to its creation and the process that created it
[I have a little awareness of some of what went on as a result of several visits over the years, but it's up to the community how much they want to discuss it]
- It's not set in stoneMost communities have a procedure for reconsideration of policies, when brought up by existing or new members, as new information comes to light. Rather than be deterred from joining a community and saying "I don't like that policy", use it as a point of inquiry, to talk with people there about what led to its adoption, what might have been wanted to be included that didn't make it in, whether the big issue it dealt with got defused or is no longer an issue or would be open to new input from new members... i.e. don't jump to conclusions! Don't go by thirdhand info. There's no substitute for coming to common dinners, talking with people, attending meetings, and reaching out to people individually to understand the intent/spirit behind it all.
Remember, "house rules" are changed easily, at any time, while CC&R's and Bylaws take more process, and in some cases lender/state approval.
Raines On Jun 30, 2006, at 7:40 AM, Fred H Olson wrote:
wow! As a fellow Oregonian that will be quitting her job soon, this email was very useful! I am hoping to stay in Ashland and live in our developing cohousing project but I had a backup plan that there was always cohousing in Portland if I couldn't find a new job here! I now know that it would bedifficult to live in a community that discriminates against specificbreeds of dogs and feels the need to spell out such specific rules aboutpets. Thank you!
- Re: Trillium Hollow Pet Policy - Thanks For All The Input, (continued)
- Re: Trillium Hollow Pet Policy - Thanks For All The Input Sheryl Rapée-Adams, June 28 2006
- Re: Trillium Hollow Pet Policy - Thanks For All The Input Alexander Robin A, June 29 2006
- Re: Trillium Hollow Pet Policy - Thanks For All The Input Raines Cohen, July 1 2006
Re: Trillium Hollow Pet Policy - Thanks For All The Input Nancy Baumeister, July 3 2006
- Re: Trillium Hollow Pet Policy - Thanks For All The Input Ann Zabaldo, July 3 2006
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.