Re: Trillium Hollow Pet Policy - Thanks For All The Input
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 19:16:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, everybody, rather than pick on the particulars of this policy and reject the community because of it, please do join me in acknowledging:

- We don't know the circumstances that led to its creation and the process that created it

[I have a little awareness of some of what went on as a result of several visits over the years, but it's up to the community how much they want to discuss it]

- It's not set in stone

Most communities have a procedure for reconsideration of policies, when brought up by existing or new members, as new information comes to light. Rather than be deterred from joining a community and saying "I don't like that policy", use it as a point of inquiry, to talk with people there about what led to its adoption, what might have been wanted to be included that didn't make it in, whether the big issue it dealt with got defused or is no longer an issue or would be open to new input from new members... i.e. don't jump to conclusions! Don't go by thirdhand info. There's no substitute for coming to common dinners, talking with people, attending meetings, and reaching out to people individually to understand the intent/spirit behind it all.

Remember, "house rules" are changed easily, at any time, while CC&R's and Bylaws take more process, and in some cases lender/state approval.

Raines