Re: Pet policy and sharing policies
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 16:19:27 -0700 (PDT)
Here, here (or rather there, there)!

At yesterday's NICA gathering, a long-time community seeker admitted that
his standards are "so high" that the number of communities that meet the
criteria in the U.S. is probably zero. I suggested that maybe finding a
place that meets just some of his criteria might be better than living
alone. He has decided, instead, to focus more on building broader community
for his family - around where he lives now - in a single-family home, rather
than seeking an existing intentional community.

That being said, he expects to continue to network with those involved in
the communities movement - Why? Because he likes to relate to people who
care about community enough to try and create them - even if we have not
gotten it quite right (in a way that meets his very specific needs).