Re: drop out rate at earnest money time?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 07:09:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 2, 2006, at 11:59 PM, Dan Solitz wrote:

Insights in attracting house holds with children would be very much appreciated

Include serious facilities for children. A kids rooms inside and play gounds outside.

A room for kids under 5 that can be small and a larger one for active play that can be intergenerational but allows running and yelling of various kinds.

A tot lot near adult seating areas so parents are not isolated from other adults. A large play area where kids can kick balls and play relatively unsupervised.

We moved in with 3 and now have almost 20 (I haven't counted recently) plus 5 grandchildren who visit often. Don't worry about it so much. Families with small kids just can't take the time to be so involved in the forming stages but if you have the facilities, they will come.

After we moved in people started adopting -- these come in droves it seems because they are older already.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC