Re: drop out rate at earnest money time?
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:03:12 -0700 (PDT)
Dan,

historic drop out rate at the time earnest money is due
We had a 50% drop-out rate when it came time to pay for our lots. That was a bit of a surprise but the dream of living in cohousing was strong enough for those of us who remain that the project continued. I am glad we made through that phase.

any insights in attracting  house holds with children
As for attracting families with children, it helps to have a family who shamelessly use her children to bring in other families with children. So the reason why Eno Commons is blessed with so many children is primarily due to Jessie (now living at Eastern Village) and her children. Once she and her family joined, other folks with children joined. Here at Eno Commons, 40% of our population are children. (Higher if you count our nearby off-site alumni.)

Family-friendly language and images in your marketing material helps. Take a look at our web site, www.enocommons.org, to get some ideas. This topic has been discussed in Cohousing-L so searching the archives will be helpful.

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing Neighborhood
 Durham, NC
where Jessie's children will be visiting Eno Commons within two weeks