|Attracting kids||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)|
|Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:12:18 -0700 (PDT)|
Dan Solitz wrote:
Greetings Fellow Co Housers My name is Dan solitz and I am a member of the Eugene Downtown Cohousing Financial Committee. The main body is considering a moratorium on signing on new house holds with out children. We have seventeen house holds in the membership cue and twenty four apartment total. It would help if we had some sense of the historic drop out rate at the time earnest money is due. I do not know if such a moratorium is legal. And also any insights in attracting house holds with children would be very much appreciated Thanks, Dan
You've seen some good responses on this, but I'll add: - Hold your meetings at a family friendly time.- Provide childcare at your introductory meetings / orientations, and at your regular meetings. - Have decent space for doing kdicare in (e.g., relatively well sound-insulated so the kids don't have to constantly hushed) - Make sure the existing membership can be supportive of kid interruptions / parents having to go in and out of meetings.
- Get in touch with local private schools / homeschooling groups / LLL / whatever, and advertise or do a presentation for them. - If you don't have families in your group who can speak to it, use the cohousing video or some other testimonials/handouts as to how cool cohousing is for kids.
...We have a bzillion kids, especially little boys, in our group. Want to trade us for some empty-nesters? ;) Anyone else want to trade us for some families with girl-children, preferably pre-teen? ;) :)
- catya, Mosaic Commons in MA -- Catya Belfer-Shevett 'This is not the .sig you're looking for.' catya [at] pobox.com 'You can go about your business.' 'Move Along.'
- Re: drop out rate at earnest money time?, (continued)
Re: drop out rate at earnest money time? Sharon Villines, July 3 2006
- Attracting Families, Kids [was drop out rate at earnest money time?] Sharon Villines, July 3 2006
Re: drop out rate at earnest money time? Robert Heinich, July 3 2006
- Monthly Association Fees, Reserve Study, Maintenance Costs Sharon Villines, July 3 2006
- Attracting kids Catya Belfer-Shevett, July 5 2006
- Re: drop out rate at earnest money time? Sharon Villines, July 3 2006
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.