Re: Referral Fees?
From: Dan Solitz (dansolitzyahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 01:57:56 -0700 (PDT)
Is Cohouseing just about the money
  Respectfuly Submitted, Dan

Craig Ragland <craigragland [at] gmail.com> wrote:  I was wondering if people
had experience using referral fees?

In looking at the archives, I found this ad from 2003:

--------------OLD 2003 LISTING----------------

Send someone to Colorado Springs Cohousing, earn $1,000

Louise Conner or Casa Verde Commons (Colorado Springs, CO) writes:

We are happy to say that we've completed the construction of our 34 home
plus common house community. We've sold or have under contract 27 homes,
with 7 homes in two floorplans available. Most of us have moved in, have
shared meals twice a week since last January, working on the garden area,
and expecting our xeriscaping any day now. We enjoy a wonderful climate
in a city of nearly 500,000, with national forests and Pikes Peak at the
edge of town.

We will pay any cohouser outside our community who sends us a homebuyer a
reward of $1,000. The buyers you refer to us need to tell us that you
sent them our way. That's all there is to it! [if any of you reading this
happen to buy, please do say that Coho/US sent you! We need the dough.
Other donations also welcome.]

http://www.ColoSpringsCohousing.com/

--------------END OF OLD LISTING--------------------

Anybody out there from Colorado Springs?

Any other community experiences with Referral Fees as a tool for finding new
members? Its pretty clear that the economic value of new members can be
pretty high. I'm curious about what has and has not worked in this area...
My community, Songaia, never tried it.

Craig Ragland
Songaia Cohousing

P.S. See you at the National Cohousing Conference, where Ann Zabaldo and I
will be offering a workshop entitled "Doing it in Groups: The Cohouser's
Guide to Making Regional Networking Work for YOU!" (
http://cohousing.org/conference-program.aspx)